Ronald McDonald House Charities
About our charity partner - Ronald McDonald House Charities UK
We are excited to announce that Ronald McDonald House Charities is the charity partner for the Inflatable 5K for 2019.
Sometimes, the best medical care isn’t close to home. Ronald McDonald House Charities provides free ‘home away from home’ accommodation for families with children in hospital, so everyone can be together. There are Ronald McDonald Houses across the UK, all just moments away from their respective children's wards, with plans for further developments well under-way.
The Charity has been supporting families for 30 years and in this time has supported nearly 50,000 families. As an independent charity, they rely on the support and generosity of volunteers, fundraisers and donors – including you!
Sign up to an Inflatable 5k and choose to run for Team RMHC. Be part of something big and help thousands more families stay together, while their child is in hospital, in the years to come.
Join Team RMHC at the below events:
- Saturday 6 April – Kempton Park Racecourse, Surrey, TW16 5AQ
- Saturday 27 April – Newcastle Racecourse, Tyne and Wear, NE3 5HP
- Saturday 22 June – Hertfordshire County Showground St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 7PT
- Saturday 6 July - Wolverhampton Racecourse, West Midlands, WV6 0PE
- Sunday 29 Sept - Heyford Park, Bicester, OX25 5HD
- Saturday 5 October – Barleylands, Billericay, Essex CM11 2UD
- Saturday 30 Nov – Haydock Park Racecourse, Merseyside WA12 0HQ
By signing up to run for Team RMHC you will receive:
- Support throughout your fundraising journey from a member of the Ronald McDonald House Charities’ Fundraising team
- Updates on fundraising progress and how your money is making a difference
- A fundraising pack full of tips and ideas
- A goody bag, including a charity branded t-shirt for you to wear on the day
By signing up to Team RMHC, you will be asked to raise £100 minimum sponsorship. Set up your just giving page here: https://www.justgiving.com/rmhc
Or download a Charity sponsorship form here:
Find out more about Ronald McDonald House Charities and the impact they have on families at: www.rmhc.org.uk
For 30 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities UK has been providing free ‘home away from home’ accommodation and support for families with children in hospital. In that time, the Charity has helped nearly 50,000 families at hospitals across the UK.
Sometimes, the best medical care isn’t close to home. Families are faced with travelling long distances each day, paying for costly hotels or sleeping in their cars, so that their child can get specialist treatment. Ronald McDonald Houses provide families with a comfortable place to stay that's close to their child, giving them more time and energy to focus on being together.
Accommodation is provided free of charge and for as long as families need it, sparing them some of the financial issues and anxiety that can arise during a prolonged hospital stay. The Houses are fitted with everything a family needs to make themselves feel at home. Communal living facilities, such as kitchens, lounges, playrooms, laundry facilities and gardens, enable families to maintain some normality. The staff are also always on hand to offer support when needed, such as a listening ear or a chat over a cup of tea.
As an independent charity they rely on the support and generosity of volunteers, donors and fundraisers – including you!
By signing up and choosing to run for Team RMHC you will be part of something big. Team RMHC will be helping thousands more families stay together, while their child is in hospital, in the years to come. Sign up to one of the Inflatable 5K events today: www.ukrunningevents.co.uk/RMHC
Find out more about our Charity partner: www.rmhc.org.uk