Everyone who takes part in the event gets an infected medal!
The Zombie Role
You will be stationed at a series of designated ‘Infected Zones’ throughout the course.
Your goal is to make the event challenging for the Survivors as they pass through (using good judgment).
You are NOT allowed to touch, grab, or deliberately lay hands on the runners / survivors.
Anyone seen to be breaking this rule, will automatically and instantly removed from the event.
Once again, we stress that you should use common sense and good judgment when removing tags from runners / survivors. Be kind to young children and any families/people that are leisurely walking or jogging the course.
The purpose is for this event is to provide a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone involved, and in order to do that, we need to be considerate of every participant. For example, if you notice that a runner has only one Tag left, maybe don't go after it too hard so the runner / survivors feels like they have a fighting chance.
A few rules to follow..
We want you to enjoy your experience as much as the Survivors do, but use your best judgment when seeking to remove participants Tags.
Here are a few basic instructions that will make sure everyone has a great experience:
- You cannot "run" after the survivors, over long distances. You can chase/harass a runner for about 10 meters only.
- You should be lazily walking zombie-like as runners pass you. You can make some quick movements toward survivors.
- You are only permitted to grab ONE Tag at a time. So even if you have a runner cornered/trapped, you can't take all their Tags, only one.
- We will try to funnel the runners toward you, so you won't have to chase them too much.
- We want you to have fun and enjoy your portion of this event, but we urge you to use good judgment when going for survivors Tags.
- Gauge the survivors coming at you and try to discern how athletic they are. Then using that judgment to push them a little, but don't ruin their day.
- Only try ad remove survivors tags in designated ‘infected zones’. Do not chase survivors in or around any of the obstacles.
- Try to target people with more Tags. It is much more fun if you stay “alive” longer.
Zombie Only Entry
We have no age limit but participants need to be taller than 1.3 meters to take part. Under 16’s must be accompanied by a participating, paying adult.
Yes, everyone is welcome to complete the course at their own pace.
The entry pack (sent in the post or you can collect on the day) includes your stick on bib number. At the finish line, everyone gets a medal, running socks, a multifunctional headscarf and a drink.